Slowly advancing on the 6 speeds gearbox project:
Look what came to my door... An F40 6 speeds gearbox, from a 9-3SS 2.2 TiD from 2004!
Up until now, I already source and have most of the parts needed:
- 9-3SS uprated shifter and linkage;
- I will use also the 9-3SS short shifter from genuinesaab (thumbs up for Nick!) and the uprated shifter mounts (also from gs);
- 9-5 lightweight billet flywheel from Abbott Racing;
- Quaife LSD for F40 6 speeds (QDH9J).
All I need is a clutch kit (9-5 pressure plate & 9-3SS friction plate/clutch disc) to hold 550 Nm and I`m ready for the install!!!
Special thanks for the advises in this project, to:
- Rickard from saabturboclub of Sweden;
- Valentin from the same forum (they both did the F40 swap on T7 engines);
- Ronny O. from racestuff.se;
- Fredrik Åberg from [email protected]
- Nickolas Taliaferro from genuinesaab, who is really helpful with his technical inputs (and constructive criticism
- mackan from ecuproject (because I have to re-map my ECU to match the 6 speeds).