Saab Link Forums banner

900 tally handling

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 ·
ok so the fianc'e wants to make her car handle better....its stock for now, i have the turbo, intercooler, and a shitty exhaust, maby ordering a GS exhaust soon and tune sitting in the house....but first we want it to handle better....

What are the most effective handling upgrades to start with...that she will notice

her complaint is that when taking this corner near our house in the tally she feels she has to turn the steering wheel twice as much then in my car...also body roll...

so what parts offer the biggest advantage

oh and my car is a 9000 with SAS front and rear and strut tower braces, front and rear with a lot better rubber underneath her

#2 ·
My 900 has wheels from an 06 Saab 9-3 with some nice rubber, Genuine Saab rear sway bar, Bilsteins,And voglant lowering springs. It handles pretty good. Alot better than my 99 9-3 Vert...

It comes down to how much you are willing to spend? Coilovers are always the best option I think.

#10 ·
Yes, big difference but the way I would think of it is it holds the other upgrades together more effectively. Honestly, it probably made a bigger difference on my convertible but it will help none the less. I'm repeating what has been said already but here is my short and sweet list:

-22mm ARB
-Steering rack clamp and brace
-6 pt subframe brace

#6 · (Edited)
The clamp kit will help with handling, but for the most part it stopped torque steer for me.

I would say to get a rear arb, for the money it offers a lot of difference when cornering imho.

If you need more past that, its a toss up between the 6pt brace and the steering brace for me. Maybe the brace is a good idea if you have a tune ready for the car already.

Edit: i have the rear arb (22mm), steering brace, 6pt, vogtland springs, koni shocks, and rear strut brace. In that order, one piece at a time, let me know if you have any specific questions.

#7 ·
Don't waste money on a pricey aftermarket sway-bar if you don't need to. Take two stock sway-bars and double stack them. Works perfectly.

If you have the money, then .......

#8 ·
I have the 22mm ARB, Vogtands and the 2-point brace which were all installed at the same time and have to say they made a night and day difference.

I then drove a Viggen 'vert fitted with the 6-point subframe and 22mm ARB as well and the handling was even better.

Someday, I'll upgrade to the 6-pt, but as is, for the summer daily driver purposes, it handles very, very well.

#13 ·
25mm ARB and Vogtland springs made an incredible difference in the track car. But losing the interior probably made the improvement a little more dramatic :mrgreen: BUT, the difference from my stock 9-3 on no-name no-seasons is absolutely mind blowing.

#15 ·
well the car is going to be full stage 4 in a couple weeks....i have all the power stuff or is about to be ordered....im just trying to sort out handling first...did that with my car...made it go really fast but handled l ike shit lol thanks for the help....think im going to stack ARB if this really works...
and also get the 6pnt and clamp and brace kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.