Saab Link Forums banner

01 9-5 head gasket issues

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mike9000aero 
#1 ·
so we got this car in at work 5 months ago, came in with a bad head gasket...
we replaced head gasket and it started leaking oil again on the back passenger side of the block.
tech thought maby faulty head gasket or somthing so they did another gasket with same result...
boss thought bad head, so we replaced the head with one fresh from the machine shop...same result, retourqed head all with same result leaking on rear passenger side of the head...anyone had these issues? anyone seen a block screwed up...head gasket was only being replaced due to an oil leak

#7 ·
I would have to agree with Nick on either the washer or the little o-ring on the tensioner.

A few years ago we had a weird one, either an '02 or '03 9-5 Linear with a chronic oil leak problem. After numerous seals, a head gasket, a short block, turbo, PCV update etc, someone decided to put pressure to the head revealing a hairline crack in the back corner near the tensioner where oil was able to leak out. Like I said, that was a weird one.

#9 ·
we have not spent anytime on it, we happend to get a 9-5 aero at the auction and custermer bought it cuase it was his dream car...time and place i guess..still looking for ideas though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.