Saab Link Forums banner

Silver SPG for sale- Not a fake!

5K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  JeffHoffman31 
#1 ·
I figured I would throw this up to see if anyone had any interest in buying the car. It is an 88' silver spg, which I purchased in Rhode Island at the end of this past may. The car has all matching numbers, and is in fact an spg. The one previous owner before me special ordered the car in silver, so it is a fairly rare vehicle. The silver spg was sold in europe and canada I believe, but not too many were brought to the U.S. The car just had a head gasket done, and a water pump. (along with other misc. upper end gaskets.) The floorboards are rusted pretty badly, along with the rear axle mounts, and need some care. However, the A-arms are very solid. I would really like to take on the project for myself, but due to financial restrictions I cannot at this time. I Could part out the car, or swap the motor and tranny out to another shell, but I would really like to see the car go to someone who will carry out the rest of the restoration. If the car isn't sold, I will just hold onto it, so I do not want to see it taken off the road or parted out.

#31 ·
I just did the passenger side frame rail rust (i.e. the drive tunnel). The floor pan in mine is solid - so I've never had to do it - but in general, I agree with Corey - it looks largely do it yourself. Welding, POR-15 - you are good to go.

And I'm going on record: that's an SPG/Aero. Canadian Import.

#33 ·
Hey Jeff...I might be mistaken but I thought the one I saw for sale in Virginia (perhaps the one you bought) was a Canadian model. If you look on the drivers side wheel arch at the vacuum diagram, does it say CAN88 or
US88?

Mine did not come with a red box, but it does have a K40 radar detector in it like the one seen hanging beneath the steering wheel in Zingzacks 2nd picture.

#34 ·
well you can see from the pictures that the floorpans are gone and it is into the rocker panels pretty good. also the rear suspension mounts under the rear seat are shot. it is certainly salvageable, but would have to be a frame up restoration either on a frame table or rotisserie, and an expert fabricator.

#36 ·
Yes I am going to hang on to this car, because personally the car is worth the work to me. Maybe not to everyone else, but I know that the car is in fact an spg because of the door jamb sticker, and the vin number was entered to the saab database before I purchased the car and the documentation proves it. The A arms are solid, so the work that needs to be done involves the floor boards and rear axle mounts/fender wells. I already have a solid parts cars ready to donate, so I will be taking on the project within the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.