The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Deleting Balancer Shafts
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #18
av_dumitrascu
Flirting With TSL Addiction

cabin vibrations

I have deleted the balance shafts (one out and hole obturated, one still on the car, by cancelled).
I also have Sport Engine Mount (Stage2) from Nick T. (who admits it "Slightly increases vibration in the cabin at idle (more like automatic at idle but not as bad) but keeps it at a reasonable level most people cannot tell. Reduces drivetrain slop giving a much better feel"
and
Sport Transmission Mount also from Nick.
The vibration in the cabin is quite noticeable, but everything comes with a price in this life!
As someone said as a review of this great products, "There is a slight increase in vibration at idle but I don't mod my car to make it feel nice at idle."
On the other hand, the vibrations with the engine mounts upgraded disappears completely as soon as the engine RPM climbs up away from idle thanks to those lovely Saab counter-rotating ballance shafts. So if you delete them, you will get more vibration. But more freely power output and better feeling of the engine!!!

I think Adam, Ryan, Nahum, Aaron, Cedric and other guys on TSL can give some good inputs.
av_dumitrascu is offline   Reply With Quote