Saab Link Forums banner

Great fun at 2009 SOC dyno day

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
We had a great time at the 2009 dyno day and just gave out the awards at the Banquiet. We decided to split it up this year and had two caterogories, the first was stg 3 and under and the second was the unlimited class.

Stg 3 and under:

First Place:
Alexia Timken
2005 95 aero stg 1 Maptun biopower E-85 at 250whp and 330wtrq.

Second Place:
Joel Oulette
2000 93 stg 3- JZW stg 3 to 232whp and 290wtrq.

Third Place:
Dan Haugh
1993 classic 900 Brad tuned 225whp and 251wtrq.

Unlimited class:

First Place:
Brian O'donnell
1996 ng 900 stg 6 JZW tuned to 416whp and 421wtrq

Second Place
Bear Ratliff- East of Sweden Boulder-
1996 ng900 JZW Stg 5 tuned to 310whp and 388wtrq

Third Place:
Steve King-
1994 9k JZW stg 5 tuned to 307whp and 356wtrq

We all had a great time at the event. My first SOC and it was a lot of fun, but glad its winding down! I am beat!

John

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, probably should be in the general performance section...

I really wish I would have made it out to the dyno session :(

The tuning seminar was pretty cool and thanks for helping me out again with my ecu's John.

gytre1 (Alex) saw this thread and the 9-5 stg1 e85 tune and I think he's serious about getting it from you eventually JZW

#5 ·
Yeah, probably should be in the general performance section...

I really wish I would have made it out to the dyno session :(

The tuning seminar was pretty cool and thanks for helping me out again with my ecu's John.

gytre1 (Alex) saw this thread and the 9-5 stg1 e85 tune and I think he's serious about getting it from you eventually JZW
as soon as i get the cash its the first thing im doing, along with the injectors of course. maybe an exhaust all at the same time

#6 ·
Good numbers!

Also, if this thread turns into some tooner wars shitshow, it's not going to end well for anyone that posts in it as far as forum privileges go...for a LONG time.

Just putting that out there.

Looks like some fun times on the dyno!

#7 ·
Oh man, I wasn't too far from you guys on my drive to Utah today. I thought about it every time I saw a 'Denver' highway sign. My dad said he saw an NG900 with a bunch of stickers on it, on a trailer headed east towards you guys. Wonder if he showed up.

Great numbers! Do you have the charts to put up?

#8 ·
Thanks guys, I do have some videos of some of the runs and some of the dyno sheets. Will post some up soon.

Here is one of Brian O'donnell's winning dyno pulls,.

Eric Pilar.... Stg 4 with tdo4

Joel Oulette's 2000 93 stg 3-mild

John

Attachments

#9 ·
More 2009 SOC Dyno Pulls

Here is some more dyno pulls:

Alexia's winning stg 1 Maptun E-85 95 aero.

Dan's 00 95 aero wagon stg 4-jzw

James's 1999 93 stg 1 jzw- t7 bpc

Attachments

#12 ·
Brian has the gt3071wg .64 ar with the 60# siemans injectors, JSP IC and tubular manifold, walbro 255 lph, stg 3 clutch. Stock 2.0 motor. Live road tuned about 2 weeks ago when Brian came by the house.

Brian is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and is the owner of OEM Saab repair shop in Parker Colorado.

John

#18 ·
We were there from around 9am until after 5pm for me. It was a good time and yea, Steve seemed like he did not want to dyno, I am glad I was able to talk him into it. He has since found a problem and is making 5psi more boost and probably would have taken second place!

I guess thats the way the ball bounces :)

John

#19 ·
I had a good time at dyno day.I felt me cars power was a bit off so I did not want to dyno it.I am glad John talked me into it.John tune was awsome.I was suprised the number were that good at 21 psi of boost.I found that my waist gate was blowing open so I repaired it.Now the boost pressure is back up to 27-28 psi.Thanks for the good tune John.

#22 ·
I would think so, about maybe 10-13% on uncorrected seems very close from what I can tell, take the 332whp and add 33 whp and you get 365whp, I think that is about right for 28psi, race gas and a nice tubular manifold,

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.