The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - a few questions from a potential owner!!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #9
Blaque
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Welcome to the site!! Glad to see all newbies.

I actually think you may be able to find a better car for the money..sorry to say. In fact I would highly suggest you check out this link. Keep in mind that Im sure you can get the price down a little less if you personally contact the dealer and im sure car shipping is only about $500.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2464355726

As for the car your currently looking at, it seems just like what Burnside said...in need of TLC.

There are a few drawbacks however:

The clutch is a major job if done by Saab. I mean major because like others have said...it will run you about $1000. Of course if there was any way at all you could do it yourself, a clutch is only about $180. Thats a huge savings.

Second, the exhaust.... I may be able to sell you my old muffler as I just got a full 3" system, and its just sitting in my friends garage. If you ever plan to upgrade your full exhaust system, then I wouldn't go any larger than a 2.5" since you have a N/A.

Lastly, the AT Italia rims are very nice, and are strong. If you go with any 17" rim, I suggest sticking with a 40 profile tire. This should provide ample rubber yet stiff on the corners.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blaque is offline   Reply With Quote