Saab Link Forums banner

Getting ripped off?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Sleepy7666 
#1 ·
Hey i got ripped off in october on a stage three ecu, this guy i met on a forum sold me a stage three ecu for $450. He claims he shipped it and he disappeared. I got his number from from a kid from his town who new his aunt. I finally got in contact with him and told him to give me the money or i am taking him to court. I had a month long conversation in november on gmail about parts and such and when the money was sent. I paid through paypal but its to far past to claim. I never received it and he told me he could rescan my stock ecu to stage 3. Anyones thoughts? Can he tune it to something that can fuck with my car? Is there anyway to tell if he actually did it other than going there? Should i take him to court? He has no proof of shipping. I dont know what to do.

#6 ·
take him to court. Small claims court will cost you $50 to take him. Bring all the emails and seperate documentation showing how much a new ECU will cost.

if he shows up and has no proof of shipment and spouts the usual BS people like that do you win. Plus you ask for lost wages and the court fees. the judge will provide both to you.

If he doesn't show up well you win by default and then can request his wages be garnished until you get your money back.

taking him to court is win win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.