Saab Link Forums banner

Braking Issue!!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  SaabBlackMan 
#1 ·
So I was told that I needed new brakes and so last night, It came back from a long trip and when I was almost home and I pulled up on the stop light. I press down on the brake and it bit for a second but then the car just kept going. I really sunk the brake pedal and nothing I dunno what's going with it. I put some brand new brake pad in the front today and I also checked the brake fluid and it's at Max. I did notice a bit of a leak on the top of the brake fluid reservoir. Even with the new brake pads it's still doing the same thing, It's really hard to brake.

#4 ·
Well I am a DIY kinda guy but it's really cold now..I had a mechanic change the front pads today hoping it was that but it's still doing the same thing. I checked the lined on the brake booster and it seems to be fine.

P.S he didn't bleed the brake just change out the pads, and it's an Auto

#7 ·
Ok here is another one for you... do you have one of these....#4 in the picture.

Mine whent bad and it started pumping engin oil into the Brake Booster which caused me to have no brake pressure when stopping at all. Pedal felt fine but you had to flintstone it to stop.

Had to pull the master off (leaving the lines connected) and vacuum pump out the oil from my brake booster. Then pull apart the aux vacuum pump and replace the seals in it.

#10 ·
I will try to get the brakes bled this week and see what happens When I get half way and I push harder on the pedal it will go down further but it feels like the brakes are biting but eventually I would come to a stop. I don't know if the new pads needs braking in..but I will keep driving it and see what happens.

#11 ·
This sounds like a problem with the MC. But, if any brake work was done prior, it could also be the spring that gives tension to the caliper. Make sure it was at least reinstalled properly after the pads were installed. A booster problem would result in overall harder pedal pressure. Same with a vacuum tube problem.

#12 ·
Well tomorrow it's going to snow and I don't know if I am going to drive it but i am going to have a trusted mechanic look at it. So hopefully they can figure out what the problem is. I mean I would think that because it work partially then It might not actually be a booster issue. but I could be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.