The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - makin 'er sweet before the PA meet
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #5
guru
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Dan, spills like that are why I love my rubber floor mats... just pull 'em out, spray 'em down, maybe a quick scrub, spray 'em with tire shine, and they're good to go for another few weeks... anyway when I was a nanny I kept a can of Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner within reach at all times... kids spill shit, it's gross, yada yada yada. Anyway it's bleach-free, smells horrible but gets the job done. It works best if you apply it as soon as you blot the stain off (instead of letting it sit) but it'll remove almost anything from clothes, and carpet. Saved my ass quite a few times. Get a good stiff carpet brush that won't fall apart, and have at it.

iwantaviggen, you can try the same deal on your headliner... spray, dab, blot with a terry cloth. no rubbing. Try it on a small area, like under the sun visor, first, just to make sure it won't completely ruin the liner.

As for the engine... pah. Ask around, my engine is filthy. Mostly cos I'm too afraid to break something while trying to clean it. I would have someone a little more experienced in that area show you how first, and then you do it yourself the next time. There's just too much shit you can break. Mine's never been cleaned, I kind of wish it were a little neater, but I think an inch-thick layer of sludge gives the car a bit more character

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

guru is offline   Reply With Quote