The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - makin 'er sweet before the PA meet
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #2
BORKAT
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to BORKAT Send a message via Yahoo to BORKAT
You don't have to say that you’re 17 in every post. I know, because I'm 34.
For the carpets, resolve. Armor all makes a good smelling carpet cleaner that's ok too. For the mats, lots of soap and water and rinsing. If it's really tuff. Brake cleaner is pretty much the same stuff dry cleaners use. Just put it on a rag and blot.
The dings. There is a ding king. Deloreon has one. It didn't seem to do much on my 85 but that hood was pretty F'd up. If I were to use one again I'd use wax remover there first. Don't try to "knock" it out. Metal stretches and you'll have a bump. Try a hammer and dolly with a cloth over the dolly on the paint side.
The scratches. For that get touch up paint. Thin it out a little and get a match book. when you rip out a match the non fire end makes a good little paint dabber. Just dab the paint into the scratches. This is after you remove any wax of course. For those of us with no clear coat. Dab it on, let it dry all the way, then wet sand it and polish it. You won't see any trace of it. I need to do this to 80% of my car still.
The engine. I'd get a BIG can of WD-40 and some paint brushes to loosen up all the grease. Hose it down and let it soak in. After an hour or so you can wash it all off. I'm sure you know what can and can't get wet.
This will take you a while. You might even be 18 by the time you’re done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BORKAT is offline   Reply With Quote