The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - makin 'er sweet before the PA meet
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 01:33 AM   #1
danthegolfer
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
makin 'er sweet before the PA meet

yay i made a rhyme in my topic! beat that...

EDIT: i just realized that i basically wrote a book here, but PLEASE PLEASE read it and offer some advice!

alright theres a few things i want to do before letting other saab people see my car in the PA meet that is oh so rapidly approaching...

first of all, my carpets are stained like crap. soda spills etc... (im 17, friends ride in my car, shit happens).. what is the best method of removing them (or atleast makin them smaller)... also, my floor mats are dirty and stained too, how can i clean those... PICS BELOW

second, there is a pretty good sized dent in my driver side rear quarter panel... could i go through the trunk and try to knock it out? do any of those "pops-a-dent" things on infomericals work? any techniques?...PICS BELOW

third, i want to take the reflector out of my turn signal assembly... but i cant talk my dad into lettin me do it.. i think he thinks it might violate VA law and we would for some reason need to buy a new turn signal assembly...

fourth, i want to clean my shift boot. i tried to take it off earlier, but there is like a wire thing holding it onto my shifter stick, and im afraid if i unnbend it and take it off i wont be able to get it on...

fifth, i want to fix my rear dome light, for some reason it doesnt light up.. how do i pop off that assembly without screwing up the roof?

sixth, i want to try to get rid of some of the scratches on my car... alot of them ARE NOT through the clear coat, i just dont really know how to get rid of them... i tried waxing them but maybe i did it wrong or something, it didnt help... PICS BELOW

seventh, i want to clean up the engine bay, and make it look not so dirty and grimey. i can clean off the engine cover and stuff, but i just cant really get any of the hoses clean that arent on top and all those hoses around my throttle body are just plain covered in filth. best way of removing that junk?.. PICS BELOW

Well, thanks for reading my book lol. Any help on ANY of these things is SOOO greatly appreciated, i wouldnt be asking if i hadnt already tried things. check out the pics below to get a feel for what im talking about. Thanks in advance.

DISCLAIMER: On the below pics, please dont mind the watermarks on my car, it needs a washing. also, dont mind my h0t body reflection (lol) in the one picture. the dent is hard to see in the one photo, but is alot more visible to the naked eye.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
danthegolfer is offline   Reply With Quote