The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Diesel Rear Motor Mount
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
JZW
Elder

Hey Nick, I know this is one area we disagree on and I know what you are saying and on paper I am sure this looks less than the ideal place to put a third motor mount, but in real life there is no question it makes a huge difference in reward engine movement and the tranny and drive-train actually seem to stay much more in line and much more power is transfered to the ground.

I had mine checked on the dyno and it did not move more than 1" backward under full load with 500bhp. I also noticed when my clutch was slipping before with the old used one that when I put the top motor mount back in place, lo and behold, the clutch started slipping again, one more example of how more power is transfered to the wheels and the ground with the top mount.

Its not absolutely necessary, but there is some wasted energy there for sure and its very easy to test

John