Saab Link Forums banner

N/A 3" Intake Kit [With Install Photos and Pricing]

5K views 92 replies 10 participants last post by  rcmdesign 
#1 ·
Ok the kit consists of two stainless steel pipes and a filter once I realize which one fits...Price is still being determined, cause I don't have all the parts yet...But here are some pics to get you guys pumped...

Before:

After:

This is the only issue, the length of the MAF sensor wires...

So this is where it draws air in from...I might make this slit bigger for better airflow..

You can see a pretty big black connector on the last part of the kit holding the last stainless piece which connects to the filter...It's a pretty big connector (length wise) because of the larger filter down below, it won't allow the last stainless bend to come up into the engine as much...This should be corrected with a larger filter...Tomorrow or this weekend I am getting exact measurements for the filter, and ordering a K&N from Auto Zone that will fit...

I believe you don't need the genuine saab intake kit to make this one work, it would just attach to the stock top air resonator...

See less See more
#5 ·
Buy the kit from me. I mean you can try and figure out the dimensions by looking at the pictures, or doing things yourself, and then going to a place than can bend stainless steel, and spend hours on the project like I did. Or just buy the parts you need to get the kit running and modify it to suit your needs. One thing I am BIG on is customization, taking a project and making it suit your needs, don't just buy things to have what others have...

#6 ·
Ever heard of the damn three muskateers Rob? THey did things to help each other without making a profit. I think its kind of lame of you not to do this to go dowwn in history but to make a profit, but w/e what your price ROB.

#7 ·
looks great man, what type of pricing am i looking at for just the two pipes?

congrats on completing this project, the outcome is really nice. also just wondering what is the ID of the stainless tubes

EDIT: just looked at the title again..oops :oops:

#8 ·
I am NOT making a profit on this. But I ordered the stainless pipes on my tab, so I have yet to clarify to pricing...You can just get the two pipes if you want. That would be easier on my end. I am going to list the K&N filter you can get at Auto Zone once I figure out which one fits, so you can just go out and buy it yourself...And then you just need three silicone 3" couplers to connect everything....

#11 ·
any more devlopments in the "concoction"... i am desperateley wanting this by the start of summer, b/c i can put it together with the mp short shfiter i am going to order, and the lil clear blinker fender lights... and then start saving up for something like exhaust or headers or a turbo.... ok maybe not a turbo.... lol

#12 ·
Still waiting to hear on the price, company was out all weekend for memorial day of course..Should hear something by this week or else I will sell them for free :lol:

And I still haven't got the exact measurements for the K&N filter behind the foglight...I have been busy all weekend removing my tint, and wiring up my new electrical seats...

#15 ·
You can get those anywhere, I bought mine from Auto Zone...Like $5.99 per coupler though, but hey I was in a rush...You should only need three couplers...Cause the filter will attach right to the pipe without one...I have to figure out which one fits still like I mentioned before...Just don't have the time lately so busy...

#16 ·
Damn dude, that setup looks really sweet, I'm definitely interested in at least a couple parts of that. I'm going to be ordering my genuinesaab intake pipe hopefully this weekend.

As for splicing the wires on the MAF, I did it on mine with no problems. The best way it to twist the two ends of the wire together, then wrap electrical tape around the twist, then electrical tape that down flat to the wire. It's really secure.

#18 ·
DAMN yeah man you don't even need to use connectors like those, even wire nuts are better then twisting the wires and tape. AND NEVER USE WIRE NUTS ON CARS. Go buy a Klien tool and get yourself a handfull of crimps and do it over again, or if you really want to do it right solder the wires and then use heatshrink... but if your skill level limits at least use some crimps

#19 ·
yeah man id suggest you get the butt splice connectors where u stick the bear ends of each wire into opposite ands and crimp it at the bottom, then maybe go over that with elec tape just to be safe

#20 ·
Well, problem was, the wires were so thin that none of the butt couplers/etc we had would fit them, and some of the wire we were splicing in was of a larger gauge (it was almost midnight when we were doing this, we just worked with what we had). I haven't bothered to fix it since I'm hopefully going to be re-building my intake soon when I get the genuinesaab intake pipe (ordering this weekend I hope). As for wiring, I know what I'm doing, my taping job was thorough, and I know how to twist wires together in such a way as to keep them from coming apart (I was president of my high school electronics club, I know what I'm doing, I just didn't have what I needed for a truly proper job).

#24 ·
Here are the install photos with the new filter, which allows the last stainless pipe to connect better using a smaller silicone coupler than before (it was a big black bulgy connector before). So the filter you will need is K&N RB-0910 available at Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, ebay, online etc...The key with this filter is not only the size but the angle it has on it to allow it to fit down there perfectly. See the photos:

The key to the install is turning the wheel so everything is easily accessible. (ignore my curb rash and LOW TREAD tires)

To remove this back cover, there are three bolts on the inside wheel wheel, one is a 10mm bolt, the other is one of those plastic black caps, also 10mm, and the third bolt is actually one of those things you push in the middle of to pop it out...There are also two 8mm bolts on the bottom part of this piece...

Alrighty, now all I need to do is get pricing. Kit will most likely just include the stainless pipes, since the couplers are available anywhere, and I told you what size filter to get. But if you insist, I can get all the parts for you and package the deal...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.