The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - GS DP w/Race CAT FAILS CA Smog...BOO!!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #14
perkj
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
With stock software you can end up with some odd fuel trims running modified hardware. The short term will fight the long term since the flow is so much higher.
Thanks Nick, I will get the fuel trim data logs tonight.

Though Swedishassassin saw the same issue issue two months ago, failed in CA with high NO, on his Stage 4 SW: https://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26719

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
The problem is everybody wants cheap.. This is still a $120 cat. Problem with the ceramic cores is they do not like the high output cars. You end up with a short lifespan. Every car here locally we put a $50 Catco on has failed! I am running this same cat as production dp in my Vig and it is still in good condition. We experienced so many other cat failures I had to make and loan out gauges.. Who is going to buy a downpipe that was $200 or $300 more than existing. Or do I just put a $50 cat in it and expect it to only last 1 year.
Just curious, what brand CAT is on the GS DP....looks to be a Dynatech PowerCat at first glance

x-VWer:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by perkj; 04-15-2008 at 11:28 AM.
perkj is offline   Reply With Quote