Saab Link Forums banner

9-3 1999-2002 Coilovers, interest?

12K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  8valvegrowl 
#1 ·
If I were to get a company to get a set of coilovers out for the 1999-2002 9-3, would anyone be interested? Price would surface around 900-950...

Let me know.

#2 · (Edited)
Nick already has a coil over kit. However it is only for the fronts and the rears use the koni adjustable kit.

Now if your talking about an entire coil over system for front and rear it will probably depend on what the true price comes out and quality. The full koni kit (adjustable shocks+springs) comes out right around 750 to begin with. Good luck.

#4 ·
Speedparts of Sweden already has a coil over kit that Nick imports. However it is only for the fronts and the rears use the koni adjustable kit.
I believe Taliaferro actually makes this kit themselves. Speedparts has no coilover kit listed for the OG9-3.

I agree with Nahum about fit and finish of the final product. What company are you looking at making these?

#6 · (Edited)
i know that as far as coil-over kits K-Sport makes a killer kit for the 95 which i am putting on my g/f's and it costs 950 on their ebay page. this kit has 36 way adjustable dampeners, fully adjustable sleeves, pillow-ball upper mounts and optional camber/caster plates!! cant wait to get the kit and see how it rides!

maybe you could convince them to make one for the 93. i was gonna try to convince them myself but if we can get a lot of interest on here maybe we can take that to them and they will consider!

Smoke

#11 ·
k sport rocks, stance, silkroad are some expensive brands for coils. alot of my 240sx buddy has them on there cars

MEGAN RACING= Junk

you should also ask them to make a turbo timer harness for our cars so we can have turbo timers. :)
good call!

just so you know, k-sport are junk (i have them), pic, function form and i forgot the other company are tops right now. megan racing is not junk, they ahev been proven all over subarus forever now.

dont you know yet we dont need a turbo timer?

all in all im down for a set of coils.

kW is prolly the way to go since they make a set for the new 9-3's and the 9-5's and also make a lot of euro stuff (bmw, porsche,etc.) although i dont forsee it being an easy project...or really staying around 900.

#14 ·
I can set you up with a kit for the street problem with these cars is you cant go lower there is no room in there for tires.. ;) I have rear setup too. There are a few people out there running on my suspension. Just got tired of all the ricers wanting to slam the car so the tires eat the fenders.. Seriously?

But hey good luck with the project.

#15 ·
I can set you up with a kit for the street problem with these cars is you cant go lower there is no room in there for tires.. ;) I have rear setup too. There are a few people out there running on my suspension. Just got tired of all the ricers wanting to slam the car so the tires eat the fenders.. Seriously?

But hey good luck with the project.
nick how do i go about getting some of your steet coils? you said there for daily driving?

#18 ·
I am a dealer for K Sport. Thanks for posting that up. All in all, the kits I have sold have been great. They also have a very good name with the 240sx for drifters.

As far as Megan Racing; I also carry them. I have sold about 200 sets of their coilovers since I started business with them 2 yrs ago and zero complaints on any I have sold.

KW Suspension is very expensive and I am not sure if they want to R&D for a car that may only sell 20-30 kits. I am just trying to get options as I am thinking of lowering on Bilstein/Eibach but think an adjustable damper kit may be more suitable..

#25 ·
17's wont fill the tire well quite as much as Jameson's do. I have the full Koni kit with 17's. I think it looks great, and it certainly performs really well. Jameson's just looks plain awesome. But, I couldn't justify 18's, at the price I could afford, they weighed too much for autocrossing.
18's look JUST right on Viggen's due to the visual weight of the bumpers and side sills.

Non Viggen bumpered cars look right with 17's.

Weight was an issue, the 18's I chose were 2lbs lighter than the bendy OEM 17's.

#24 ·
17's wont fill the tire well quite as much as Jameson's do. I have the full Koni kit with 17's. I think it looks great, and it certainly performs really well. Jameson's just looks plain awesome. But, I couldn't justify 18's, at the price I could afford, they weighed too much for autocrossing.

#30 ·
Usually on the SAME wheel a 1" jump adds about 2lbs.

So that is something to consider. But if you choose smart, there are plenty of 18" wheels that are as light and sometimes lighter than many 17's.

But often, you pay more for lightweight construction.

Luckily, my 18's were CHEAP and fairly light at 22lbs. But a more expensive rim, say twice the price or more may be 18-19lbs.

#35 ·
It's just a physical attribute of the way suspensions are laid out....think about it, when you compress a stock suspension system 1", the movement constraints are such that the camber increases in the negative direction on 99% of suspension designs. Now lower that car 1" and you should see the same amount of camber gain.

Too much negative camber is a bad thing...that's why excessively lowered cars have all sorts of handling issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.