The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - last minute race mods
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 09:06 AM   #17
ng900
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to ng900
Being perfectly honest, I don't think you're going to win. The Japanese cars have a better launch usually, and most Lexus cars are pretty quick. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that ES300 is a 3.3 liter 225 horse V6 stock. Even a turbo ng900/9-3 would have trouble.

It's fine to race it to see how you'll do, but don't bet money. I'm not trying to get down on you dude, I used to be in your shoes, I knew less than nothing about cars. Fortunately I fell in with some good racers and mechanics, so I've learned a lot. That's why I suggest racing anyway just to see what happens. If you get in with the racing crowd, you'll start picking stuff up fast. A year ago all I could do was change a tire. Now I'm doing most of my own upgrades, wiring, repairs, etc. Give it some time, run some races, but don't bet money, you'll regret it, and if you know you're going to race someone, research their type of car, that way you know what you're up against.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ng900 on cardomain.com
exdrivers = team on cardomain.com
1995 ng900s 2.3 N/A w/ mods
ng900 is offline   Reply With Quote