Saab Link Forums banner

Performance report Maptun stage 3

12K views 72 replies 21 participants last post by  dutch 
#1 ·
Yesterday I worked really late. Going home, I put som lead in my right shoe and tested some high speed performance.
I had to let off the pedal when reaching 150mph due to traffic, but even at that speed the turbo put out a healthy 18.5 psi and the car was still accelerating real good! Man, this car scares me ;)

#6 ·
hahah bollman welcome to the 150 club! :) once you do it a few times.. or 60 its not that scary anymore. just need to understand if you hit something your fucked so there is no room for mistake.

#8 ·
bollman said:
Well, the rev limiter is at 170-175mph and I _will_ reach that speed this summer...
Inte med vanligt steg 3...

Not with a regular stage III tuning... :roll: Mine did 158,5mph (GPS) with some special mods in addition to stage III... If you hit 175 with stage III?? I'll eat my shorts.... :wink:

#9 ·
the stock cams are falling off power wise after 5500 RPM's, so I would probably have to agree with mike. after your are past 150, your RPM's are past peak power output and the wind resistance is only going up exponentially. maybe 160, but I just don't see it going any faster with stock gearing or cams.

#11 ·
bollman said:
Well, we´ll see about that ;)
I did 155 with BSR stage 1, so 165 or even 170 should be possible with stage 3, and if needed, there is one hell of a downhill going past Lund :D (it drops 150ft over something like 3000 ft distance).
Hahaha
oh thats just cheating :lol:

you should definitely get some video of that or at least a picture :lol: .

Paul

#12 ·
my stage 3 can't maintain anything near 18.5 psi at high speeds.. or low for that matter... it can spike, but then it lets off.. i was told the TD04 can't maintain high boost very well

#14 ·
yeah bollman good luck on that one, I took the Vig stage 3 to 155 and it did not seem to continue moving any faster... maybe I was and the spedo was maxed out or maybe it wont do more than that... anyway I cant wait to see this / hear about it.

#17 ·
Here is one short plot from the road, read from cars original MAP sensor - ambient pressure. The results posted above where from the dyno room

On a T7 car one should look for airmass values istaead of plain boost, since boost will vary from day to day depending on coditions.

#18 ·
Hitting 150 should not be a problem with a viggen, even stock has limiter set at 155. The only guestion that should be asked, where do you find a long enough strait away to get the std viggen to that speed.
With a modified viggen no problem to reach that speed. :lol:

#19 ·
I'm just saying 175 isn't possible with a stage III from bsr.

I'm hoping to hit 177-180 with my car after my mods are done with 400+bhp and changed gear ratios. If my car is able to hit the rev limiter on fifth gear (7300rpm) that would mean I hit 198mph. :shock: I'm just worried about the handling of my og9-3 at those speeds and where to test it.. :wink:

#21 ·
bollman said:
So, for every 5mph top speed you want, you need a lot more power.
There you go... the answer to your dreams... U said you'd hit 155 with stage 1.

Stage 1 puts out 225bhp. Then you're saying 170-175mph would be possible with stage 3 wich puts out 245bhp. That's +20bhp. You REALLY think those extra 20bhp will ad another 15-20mph on your topspeed???? :roll: ohh, sorry u get 14,7Lbft more aswell.. But seriously Bolman? U said it yourself... check the quote on top of this reply again. See if it works out with your dreams of hitting 170-175mph.. :wink: Sorry to bust your bubble....

#22 ·
Um, the maptun stage 3 would at least give me 265 if not 270. Nordic states 280 on a stage 3.

Stock, my car has 154hp, and maxes out at 205km/h according to specs. The Viggen has 230hp and maxes out at 250km/h according to specs. That means 80hp gave 25km/h top speed (and, remember, SAAB put that limiter on the top speed, at 240 the boost is lowered). If I suppose I have 270hp that means I have 40hp more than the Viggen and should be able to get the top speed up another 12-15km/h which means 262-265km/h which is not too far off from 270km/h. A slight downhill might help :)

#26 ·
Dayum those are some pretty high speeds you guys are talking.... Maybe you could take a weekend trip to Germany...

I've been 155 + in my Z28 Camaro when I lived in Wiesbaden Germany, and the T-Tops were about to rip themselves off..... I used the Autobahn 3, and 5 at the time. Had plenty of road too. The road to France was also pretty popular to hit some good speeds.

When I picked up my SAAB from Troll in Sweden.....I babied it for a while...and then when she was ready to open up....I was able to do 150+, and it didn't seem to have a problem in stock form...as just a 97 900SET. I actually had plenty of pedal left. I'm just not quite understanding how it was possible...especially with the limited horses back then.

Also, Didn't realize Viggens had so many limitations...

.02 American cents..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.