Saab Link Forums banner

Stage 4

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  mcrowley 
#1 ·
i put my stage 4 chip in and i am only getting a boost spike of 15 psi then is settles around 10-11. i dont know what i should look for or should try to get this to put out the right psi.

#4 ·
Its not ideal.

When I was only seeing around 17psi from my JSP stage 4 tune all it took was cleaning the BPC a few times with WD40, that got me seeing 25-27psi peak, settling back down to around 23-25psi.

Give it a try - spray WD40 in the ports of the BPC, let it soak in a bit, then drain it. Repeat that a few times and it should be nice and clean. Then shoot a low pressure blast of air at the holes (I wouldn't use more than 10-20psi from my air compressor for fear of breaking the brass disk in the BPC valve).

#7 ·
no i didnt have the mbc on the car when i put in the chip, the car has had super in it since i have been driving it, and when i put chip in i put in a new set of NGKs. but i will try the bpc

#10 ·
i cleaned out the bpc yesterday, and now i get a spike of around 19 then it settles at 15-16. but should i be getting more with stage 4?

#13 ·
ya i have a forge blow off, and how could i tell if my wastegate is fluttering, and what could i do to fix it.

#14 ·
What spring do you have in it? I have the second heaviest in my Forge 001 and mine starts to blow open around 25 psi...when I had the lighter spings in there I couldn't get more than 20 psi.

Clean the BPC again. I did it at least twice, maybe 3 times before it really got cleaned out.

#17 ·
So if the valve was transparent the actual piston would look as though it would slide through the nipple allocation in the cold side charge pipe if all other materials of the valve were dissolved away?
This is a little confusing depending on which way the valve is mounted. I mean I could mount it a couple ways and consider it perpendicular to the pipe and simply twist the unit 90 degrees past one of those ways and consider it parallel.
I'm looking for a pic to clear all doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.