Saab Link Forums banner

MP Performance FMIC

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Spray 
#1 ·
Any feedback from anyone who has ordered/received/installed? The price is very attractive. Thanks in advance.

#8 ·
I didn't order the delivery pipe, I think usually their prices are excellent 90+% of the time but I will not spend that much on a delivery pipe. I plan on having one made locally

#10 ·
Yeah, the delivery pipe just isn't worth the money in my opinion...I would have bought their downpipe but I could make my own stainless TIG welded one with cat for less than half the cost, so I didn't get that from them either.
In general, I find MP to be a great deal and a great resource.

#11 ·
JABM said:
Yeah, the delivery pipe just isn't worth the money in my opinion...I would have bought their downpipe but I could make my own stainless TIG welded one with cat for less than half the cost, so I didn't get that from them either.
In general, I find MP to be a great deal and a great resource.
this theory of the downpipe has ben tested already and u will b hard pressed to make one of the same quality for less the price..... eric tig welded my downpipe i then added a 3" cat and tig welded that in place as well... if u r gonna make your own delivery pipe i would suggest not having a bunch of welds all over the place, just get it press bent instead, as this will cause less restrictions then the welds will

#12 ·
I agree-

I probably will not do a delivery pipe for these reasons, but the exhaust is not difficult to build for less money IF you have the skills and the tools to do it right, and you don't mind taking the time.
I wouldn't have decided to fab my own except that I have access to good prices on 3" mandrel bent stainless steel, and on a 3" cat.
I also have a little experience with TIG welding, but more importantly, I have a close friend who owns a manchine shop and is willing to TIG all of the pieces together.

I figure that 175 bucks in parts for a full stainless downpipe that is TIG welded with a cat and flex pipe is worth the extra time I have to put into the fabrication - especially since I ENJOY fabrication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.