Saab Link Forums banner

impossible to remove 2nd oxygen sensor

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  NahumCC 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the DP off, and I need to transfer the second 02 sensor back to my stock DP.

I have soaked it in liquid wrench probably 10 times in the last two days. I tried a wrech, a ratchet with 02 socket, moved to a longer ratchet for more leverage, sprayed more liquid wrench....

it just will not even begin to budge.

any ideas before I just order a new one and sell the DP with an 02 sensor in it??:rolleyes:

#4 ·
More elbow grease should work. Also try putting it in a vise using an wrench w/ a hammer.

#9 ·
agreed, and you have got to put some heat into it.

I ruined an 02 sensor about 3 weeks ago trying to extract it from a downpipe it was just totally seized into. ended up ripping out the 02 sensors threads, and got it to just spin, and it still would not come out! So it might not be too bad of an idea to just give up if you have it in a vice with a 4 foot breaker bar on there and it still won't move.

#12 ·
I second the motion for a vise. Put the O sensor in the vise and turn the dp. Leverage is your friend. Heat will help too, but you have to get it pretty hot to do any good.
Let this be a reminder. When you install a new O2 sensor or swap it to your new DP, use a little never seize.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.