The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Turbo back... FInally!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #8
zingZACH
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricot83
i have actually heard otherwise zack.... i read somewhere that the auto has more potential in our cars than the stick

also u say autos are no good for racing... explain to me y my friends supra ran a mid 11 with a 5 spd and then ran a 10.51 with a 3 spd turbo 350 trans.... not a racing trans by any means
BORING????? whats boring about sitting in traffic and not having to shift up and down shift every two seconds????

Modifying autos is the same as modding any other car....... i can almost guarantee there are more modded automatic muscle cars out there than there are stick...
I said stock auto tranny's arent good for racing... Drag cars with race specific auto tranny's are much different than a regular auto tranny.... 9000 Auto trannys blow..... c900 auto tranny's suck as well... then again you could say about the same for the manual, but the auto's are worse... Hell, my friend took a 9-5 out for a test drive and blew the auto tranny.... not romping either. I will take stick anyday thank you.... not to mention the older c900's with auto trannys are horrible on the interstate for gas mileage.... it revs like crazy if you go over 60 mph.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zingZACH is offline   Reply With Quote