Saab Link Forums banner

2011 Saab 9-5 Aero won't start

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Grizzlydude 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need some help.

My 2011 Saab 9-5 Aero was throwing codes indicating misfires from the coil packs and problems with the cam position sensors and it was losing oil.

Covid happened and with me working from home it was a good time to work on the car.

I replaced the following parts.
Serpentine belt
All 6 coil packs
All 6 plugs
All 4 Camshaft position sensors.

When I took off the intake plenum I found a lot of oil in the plenum, throttle body, and turbo hoses. The turbo was leaking a lot of oil. So I replaced the center section of the turbo and cleaned out the intake system.

The car has been sitting for 4 months while I waited for parts and time to do the repairs.

Tonight I tried to start the car for the first time and the video is of the 2nd attempt. It is not throwing any codes. The noise is terrible and it will run for 30 seconds at best. I am stumped.

I posted a video of a startup attempt on YouTube. Search for 2011 saab 9-5 robert montgomery and look for the engine shot.

We can’t afford to take it to a mechanic since my wife lost her job due to Covid.

Thank you any advice and help, Rob

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.