Saab Link Forums banner

Central locking fob

969 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  GriffinWolf83 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, first time owner of a Saab and first time on this forum. I have replaced the battery on my fob and the circuit board looks in good condition but the fob wont lock or unlock the car. Putting the key into the lock works but not the remote, any ideas would be great.

#3 ·
Tried that and PING! It now works, thank you 😁
Another question if you don't mind... I have sound coming from the dash speakers but nothing from the doors or the boot. All speakers and wiring are present, I've looked under the panels in the boot sides, under all of the seats and the foot wells - driver and passenger side but can't find an amp, not even any sign there ever was one. My Saab is a 2.0 se 1998 model. 2 days solid I've been trying to figure out why I have no sound but I'm at a loss 😔

#6 ·
Speaker

So just an update on my speakers, I borrowed a spare house speaker and one by one plugged it into the car where the speakers weren't working and voila! It worked. Turns out all my speakers were 21 years old and completely dead. Put new ones in and now I have sound 😁

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.