The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - 1992 Saab C900 Base model 5 speed
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 04:07 AM   #5
tuner4life
Elder

I messed with this car a little bit last night. Threw a good battery in it. Had power to everything but no crank. Found a chewed through wire going to the starter (I assume I'm going to find many more chewed wires..) Anyways, Fixed that wire and the car cranked. While it didn't fire, it sounded healthy cranking.

After a little while longer, determined that it was not getting any fuel at the rail and I could not hear the fuel pump turn on at any point. Fuse is good. Going to see about a relay, and likely will just pull the pump to bench test in the near future. I'm not sure how long the fuel has been in the tank either. The gauge shows about 1/4 tank.

On a side note, I cleaned a small spot on the roof and quarter panel and spent about 30 seconds with some Meguiars ultimate compound just to see what I was up against.. Needless to say I am impressed. I forgot how well this single stage red comes back from anything!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo - Cirrus White
1986 Saab 900 Turbo SPG Clone - Admiral Blue
1992 Saab 900 Base - Talladega Red
tuner4life is offline   Reply With Quote