The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - T5 Isuzu Transmission on a B204
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
soab2
SAABeginner

T5 Isuzu Transmission on a B204

Hey all!

I have always dreamed of putting a B2X4 in front of a rwd transmission, and preferably for cheap!! Long story short I wanted to create a resource for others so others know how to take advantage of this resource! Please correct me where i'm wrong so the community can have accurate info.

So 1998-2001 Isuzu Rodeo and Amigo's that had the 2.2L 4 cylinder shared the same bellhousing pattern as the B2x4 family of motors and the 2WD were a Borg Warner T5 World Class. I did my best to confirm this and finally took the plunge and picked one up and it fits!!!

Best I can tell the Hombre has a different 2.2 and therefore not the same bell housing.

From my measurements the pilot bearing for the NG Saab 900 2.0's should be perfect, ordering one soon.

So far the biggest obstacle I've come across is the clutch. For a B204 (which is what I got my hands on) the Clutch is a 9in and the Rodeo is a 9.5in. The Isuzu also has a 26 spline input shaft. I am trying to track down a clutch disk that is 9in with a 26 spline but that's proving more difficult than expected. Looks like a 9k flywheel and clutch may be the best bet but I haven't gotten that far yet. I hope to keep this as a resource for others hoping to put this information to use and make what so many of us have dreamed about a reality!

Please feel free to correct my info and add any info y'all are willing to share!
soab2 is offline   Reply With Quote