The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - P0455 - My Saab is really going to kill me financially- Now P0455 previous P0300
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
Rob2003-9-5-Linear
SAABeginner

P0455 - My Saab is really going to kill me financially- Now P0455 previous P0300

So I posted last week about car continually cranking but not starting. https://www.saablink.net/forum/car-pr...nly/112129.htm

The first shop said initial issue was the fuel pump. Mind you the fuel pump was replaced in December 2015 as the car when I bought it had a bad fuel guage so they replaced the pump and the fuel assembly

So I had them replace the fuel pump and car ran for 2days until I got CEL P0455. This code wasn't a big deal with my previous Volvo so I went to drive it as normal hit 50-60% throttle and car boost gauge went crazy and it shut it self off. I then let it sit to try and restart it and the car wouldn't idle and would shut it off by itself. When I was on the side of the road I checked for a new code and only got P0455

Got it towed to second shop AAA recommend. The looked at it in the morning and they only got P0300 CEL. They reattached a hose to the throttle body which came loose, reset code road test and code was gone. They also said spark plugs need to be replaced so I let them do that.

Picked up the car this morning got me too and from work no CEL at all. Went to go out after dinner and CEL light P0455. I took back to second shop and suddenly they are 100% sure they didn't see a P0455 when they checked the car. Didn't visually see any leaks so I left them and will just baby this car.

I am at my wits end with shops in my area none of them are willing to even put in the parts I want in my car. I am ordering genuine Saab parts and I show them and they don't want to touch it

Last edited by Rob2003-9-5-Linear; 05-23-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Rob2003-9-5-Linear is offline   Reply With Quote