The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Starting problem from hell
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #11
Drew in Houston
Elder

You guys are funny. Without the OP performing some actual tests/checks y'all are just guessing.

Craig for one has no idea what he's talking about, like normal. I didn't say that it's "uncommon for resistors to fail", what I was actually communicating is that size and the way these circuit boards are built make it impractical to solder new resistors in place. I'm super curious in what exact "advanced ways" he thinks the car should be checked lol. I know that I've successfully soldered on these boards, it's not worth it.

I made a suggestion about checking fuel pressure with a generic gauge that anyone can borrow for free from just about any parts store, but that was too much troubleshooting for the OP.

If you really want to try a new engine controller, like I wrote in the first post, find someone to program one. MikeD on here comes to mind as being capable. The guy's managing to post on the interwebs all the way from Paoli, indicating they have the electricty there so I assume they have mail service there to. There's one screw holding the engine controller in place.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 11-20-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Drew in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote