The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Saab Combi MANUAL trans
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 05:12 AM   #10
Jameson
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
You spend how much on this car? Stop being a cheap ass, and buy a genuine Saab NEW Di. It will last you 8 years, pretty much no question. Anything else will always be a "maybe" I'd also grab a $60 new genuine CPS, a $120 new fuel pump assembly, and a $114 NEW genuine air flow meter. They are all regular failure items which also tend to compromise driveability. These things will make the 8 year old car work right again. Even if they are not bad now, they will be soon.

Reading comprehension? I said I was looking for a NEW one and OEM. I secured one in under an hour for $260. I just had no interest in paying the retail of EEURO at $379.

I planned on a new AMM before tuning the car, CPS and pump as you said will give me some insurance.

As to how much I paid, I surely overpaid. I was willing to to grab it with a 5mt at that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycM17 View Post
Nice wagon! What kind of mileage on the car? I have been looking around for manual trans 9-5 wagons as well. They just make so much sense to me.
106k, one owner car, seats look like they had never been sat in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Sweet car! what are you doing with the chrome?

And Throttle body, I think those are 80-100k items.

Yeah, I replaced the TB in my cousin's 9-5 Aero, not too bad of a job.

I used smoke plasti-dip, gave it a very similar finish to the OEM trim of the TurboX.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote