The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Explanation about off the shelf tunes...are they all the same?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #11
Drew in Houston
Elder

I'm suuuuuuuper curious what makes "your" tunes unique. Mind sending one over so I can take a look at it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
We add tuning guidelines and hardware requirements so people know what to shoot for for running our staged tunes. In addition if someone has a 3" downpipe, but only wants stage 2, then they do not get the standard stage2, we will make some adjustments for the downpipe. Same goes for most other 'extra' hardware mods that are above the minimum requirements, we will make changes accordingly. I see the canned stages as a starting point from a known set of hardware and software, and we can adapt that to what is actually on the car.

All tuners set the stages and hardware list a bit differently and I would argue that most of us tuners are so far removed from anything autotuned at this point....although it is still happening and it's very obvious when one of those graces my tuning bench.

Honestly, if you want to get a better feel for how the tuners do their thing, give them a call or email and talk about it.
Drew in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote