The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Explanation about off the shelf tunes...are they all the same?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
Drew in Houston
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
Great point about dyno'ing. Road tune would be my obvious choice, but all tuners are way too far away. I'm near Vancouver BC so we got Hayes in Los Angeles, JZW in CO?, Mike in MA, and of course Drew in TX.

Yeah I didn't mean/intend to make the thread out to be like the tuners just flip on computer, toss on the tune, mail it back because it is quite simple to do if you have done it enough. My intention was just as stated, being about hardware since I want to make sure I don't fubar my car due to lack of support or whatever.
Flattered to be in that group, but just to be clear, I don't tune cars for people. Sometimes I help people who want to learn about it, but I've never sold a tune. Maybe someday, but I don't need the headaches or liability. I've considered it in the past, but the main idea of ECUProject was to stop the price gouging, and selfishly, so that I could tune my own Saab.

edit: Just to expand, building the tools to do things like un-compress firmware, or navigate checksums is no trivial task and is light years more difficult than applying "tunes" or modifying a spark advance map. It's like the difference between watching TV and building a TV.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 03-21-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Drew in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote