The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - My 94 SE Turbo Build/Bring Back To Better Condition Thread.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
hondafanatic17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

My 94 SE Turbo Build/Bring Back To Better Condition Thread.

Well once again I've purchased another Saab, but instead of a 5th 9000 I decided on a 1994 900 SE Turbo 3dr, found the car on craigslist for a good price and somewhat local and decided to go for it. Pics will come soon. Anyways I wish I would have done a thread for my 9000 when I bought it, even if no one looked at it would have been nice to keep track of it. So I decided to make one for this car, will note I'm on a budget and this will be nothing more interesting then seeing a neglected car be cleaned up into something presentable, so with out further ado....

Specs
-94 Turbo in metallic(or what was metallic sometime in the late 1990s) green.
-5 speed manual.
-121200 miles.
-Almost stock except for a fart can type muffler that actually doesn't sound half bad.

Issues
-I believe the turbo is dying, smokes a lot, doesn't sound very good. Was looking into either having a place called PureTurbos.com rebuild it for 350 dollars, anyone use them? Or installing if it will work okay my tdo4 off my 9000 Aero engine.
-Replace Shift linkage with updated version, car doesn't like reverse to much atm.
-Replace drivers side mirror.
-Go over entire car with new vacuum lines, fresh plugs, filters, and fluids after turbo is taking care of. Also either replace or turn brake rotors as they feel horrible.

Last edited by hondafanatic17; 01-24-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Shortened It.
hondafanatic17 is offline   Reply With Quote