The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - 2007 9-5 wagon getting horrible city mileage
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #19
g96nt
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
you can buy lots of obd scanners. When I had my Volvo and DSM, I used an old m105 palm pilot and obdgauge.com's software.

Now, I use the Android app "torque" and a bluetooth adapter. I'm able to look at all the car's stuff on my phone. You could use a tablet, too. and I'm pretty sure there's an Ios version, too.

This is the OBDII adapter I purchased. People have said it's a knock-off and whatnot, but mine works perfectly.
Amazon.com: Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows XP, Vista, Win7, OSX and Android: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows XP, Vista, Win7, OSX and Android: Car Electronics
...something about 1.5 not being a real version or something. Either way, mine always connects, and always shows everything I need it to.