Saab Link Forums banner

Good bye HX35 NG900, hello stock OG9-3

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  saabkid37 
#1 ·
I recently sold my car to a forum member and picked up a stock, automatic 9-3 sedan my parents had sitting at home. It's definitely been a change of pace but I was at the point where I was babying the NG900 for the sake of good gas mileage. Just wanted someone to have more fun with it than I was.

Out with the old, in the with new. No plans for this car outside of MAYBE a stage 1 or 2 tune but other than that, I'm not in the mood to deal with playing with cars. I may be moving back to Kansas City soon and if that is the case I'll pick up a 'toy' later on down the road once I get student loans taken care of.

It's been fun.

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree, when I went stage 3 back in the day I saw an instant increase from 27mpg to 30mpg. So far though I'm seeing pretty good numbers just from switching to old-man mode. We'll see though, got too much going on right now to even think about it. In fact, sending my CANUSB to grkguy this week so he can make more use out of it.

#4 ·
Please don't take this the wrong way, but, did you have a kid?
Didn't you put your heart and soul into that car? Couldn't you have just swapped to the OE injectors and unhooked the wastegate until less tumultuous times?
Yes, I too get tired of driving a rolling project sometimes, but I could never imagine down-grading to the same car. I would drive an automatic taurus 'box or even an older Accord as a desperate beater, but having basically the same car in bland form would be torture, for me at least.
Best of luck anyways...
-Cm

#5 ·
Hehe, no not quite. But for the last year or so my car has stayed pretty stagnant cause there isn't much more I want from its FWD chassis so it was essentially done, not so much that I gave up on anything. Like I said I just don't have the desire to punch it anymore, I've done that plenty. I'd rather someone else take advantage of what's there and so I sold it, pocketed the money and grabbed this 9-3 from home for free.

If and when I move back home now that I'm done with school, that's when I'll upgrade to something with a bit more potential in terms of a car with better aftermarket support and a little bit better handling characteristics. I couldn't get exactly what I want right now and so it's just saving in the meantime.

#9 ·
How's insurance on them? If things go my way and I could find a clean, unmolested yellow one, I'd probably go for it as a semi-fun DD.

One my dealership buddy had a little while back. Let it go for $13.5k.

I was thinking something more along the lines of a Nissan though..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.