Saab Link Forums banner

saab catalytic converter removal model 9-3 2000 turbo

15K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  leezee 
#1 ·
I have saab 9-3 se 2000 with 2.0 turbo engine. Please let me know if catalytic converter removal will flash check engine light, will it affect engine electronics? Both sensors are located before catalytic converter.
thanks

#3 ·
I am pretty sure it just one, located right under oil pan, way too close. It cooks oil, which eventually turns into sludge, sludge clogs sump.
My point is to put straight pipe and wrap it with heat radiant tape, plus maybe gain a few hp, run turbo cooler...?
Also, I was thinking about installing lower temperature thermostat, original 195, to 180..

#9 ·
Wrong solution. Clean your pan, install PCV fix #6, change your oil regularly. A lower temp thermostat likely makes your engine less efficient. It will have little effect on the turbo temp since the turbo sits in the hot exhaust stream. Meanwhile you're polluting the air your kids will need to breathe, but what the heck, screw 'em.

You should be looking at a 3" downpipe with a race cat, a tune, and other mods if you want more HP.

#7 ·
Are you not in the US?

Over here, we have 2, and one is before the oilpan, and I *think* the other is behind the oilpan.

It's safe to say that your coding is different over there, especially if both O2 sensors are before the catcon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.