The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Man, I love my Saab
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
kalvinr11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Man, I love my Saab

I just got back from a great, though quick vacation in the Central Adirondacks with some good family friends. We camped and boated and did a bunch of other stuff. But one of the most interesting experiences as of late came from driving their 1994 Honda Civic EX 5-speed. Everything felt light compared to the Viggen. The clutch pedal was light and felt lousy, the brake pedal was blah, steering was vague and light at any speed and it threw what weight it had around like it was no body's business. It left so much to be desired when going up hills. The first couple of times, I was waiting for the turbo to spool, and for the car to take off, but then reality set in: there was no turbo. After downshifts galore and about 5-6,000 revs something happens and you gain about 5 mph. It does however get 41 miles per gallon, which is great on a long trip such as this one. I want my Saab!!! How can kids think their cars are fast with the fart cannon and paper cone intake?? So this is just more of a "I love my Saab" thread more than anything, but I wanted to show just how much I appreciate the Swedes and their liberal use of the turbo. This may belong in some other section, but it pertains to Saabs, so it's not the OT. Feel free to move it, I'm not going to complain. Does anyone else appreciate their Saab as well?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kalvinr11 is offline   Reply With Quote