Saab Link Forums banner

40k service. oh noes!

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  mg_td 
#1 ·
I got my "Hey, it's almost time for your 40k service!" letter today from my ever-concerned dealership today moneymoneymoney. Right now it's looking like it's going to be more of a 42k service (I have put 10k miles on the car in a little over four months holy CRAP). The letter didn't tell me what the service entailed, and there is no service book with the car-- just a printout of what was replaced under warranty and the dates of previous "milestone" services. :roll:

Soooo... what should I expect? The oil is due for a change (already), I know that much. But I know the trans fluid was replaced when I took delivery of the car. Are we talking, like, belt changes, things along that line? Is it anything urgent that can't wait until when I go back to work? I've been putting much fewer miles on the car now that I don't go anywhere, but I may make it to 45k before this is done.

Oh, and what should I expect to shell out to have the service done?

For the record, it's a 2002 9-3SE with an auto trans. Runs fine.

#5 ·
you might try a reputable indy.

the dealer would not even tell me the cost of a 50K service on the phone :confused: my indy did it for 40 bucks.

the dealer charges like 795 for 60K service, my indy charges 400 something.

the dealer charges 150+ to flush the tranny fluid.

my indy charges 9.95 or so (cost of new fluid)

#10 ·
Ali, you should be able to call up and see. I don't remember any of my servies being less than $75. I only did a couple though.

If I were you I would have an indy do an oil and filter change and call it good. Shouldn't be more than $25 for regular oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.