The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Maptun problems: (EDIT: Maptun comes through!)
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #7
abdukted1456
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver found
Honestly, I'd call maptun - or the distributor you bought from. They will probably have a much better handle on troubleshooting chip related problems than we will.
Hey, give me some credit, here.

that was the FIRST thing I did, it's just that I am getting more excuses from them than solutions or real answers. everything they suggest as a possible fix costs money, and i already spent 1300 dollars on this chip plus 60 dollars to ship it back after they F** up the first time. And all these fixes they suggest come with the "I cannot guarantee this will fix it" clause....

I want to see if anyone here has any knowledge that might help me make my desicion. I mean, if putting different plugs in is not gonna work, I want to know before I spend the money on plugs, torque wrenches and various greases and goos....

I called the distributor who then called maptun. they seem to think their software is fine and the correct stage, but this is not the first time they messed up my order, so i don't know how confident they really can be about that statement... they also told me SQR also has the same problems when I threatened to take my business there instead. Does that sound true, has anyone heard any SQR horror stories?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
abdukted1456 is offline   Reply With Quote