The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Bring Me the Head of a 99 Turbo !!! (not 56k friendly)
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #11
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean
yeah, are you just planning on doing the gasket or a partial rebuild? With the engine in that condition, Personally I would hone it, clean everything, and install a new set of rings and bearings. I would also highly recommend getting that head cleaned, planed and a valve job. If you have a NAPA in the general area with a machine shop, they usually do great work. Ask the guy doing the work if you can just pay cash to him (just say you don't need a receipt and can pay cash)

you might get away just replacing the gasket but if I were doing the job I like to be sure about things. Does look like a nice project!
I started this with the idea of just doing the head gasket, just to get it running. So I could enjoy driving the car while putting off a more thorough rehab until later.

Now I'm not so sure. I will do all the work on the head done that you suggest, and obviously I'll clean as much as I can with the engine still in the car. But if I pull the engine I just have the feeling it'll be months or longer before it goes back in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GA is offline   Reply With Quote