Saab Link Forums banner

Finally took the leap...

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  bergie 
#1 ·
As noted in my FS thread, I finally picked up a newer saab.
As much as I loved the wagon, they were slim pickings, and this sedan absolutely called out to me.

It's an 08 Aero sedan. Polar white on white interior Auto and visibility package included.
73k, and an absolute creampuff. No rust, no dings. Nothing. Tiny wear on the seat, but nothing crazy.
It needed a bpv, some silicone hoses, a windshield and may need a steering rack, but the bpv, hoses, and windshield are already repplaced, and warranty was purchased that covers the rack, so that'll be in a couple weeks. I've put about 800 miles on it already, and I love it. Just got done an overnight trip from MD to NH, and will be reversing Tuesday. The car even managed 30+mpg on the trip, being in traffic until ny, and then ~85mph the rest.

I haven't had a chance to take a lot of pictures, but... here:

See less See more
#7 ·
Very, VERY nice! White is not a good look on some SAABs, but looks great on this model though. It must be pretty rare. I think I saw an '06 9-5 wagon at Carlisle, but that's the only other white one I've seen.

#8 ·
Thanks, guys. It really is a sharp car. having spent all but the last couple years in NM/TX, it's unbelievably clean. Everything works, and it was a hell of cruiser to NH and back. It drives exactly how I expected it, and we all love it!

I agree about the valve cover. It's going to be a nuisance to keep from oxidizing. How it's made it 8 years without doing it yet, it beyond me. maybe I'll clean it up and clear it. I think it's got to come off, anyways.

We took it up to Salisbury to drop Leyla off @ mom and dad's. I just call it NH, since they're like 100-yards from the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.