Saab replication idea - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab News & Info

Saab News & Info Place topics regarding news and information for all Saabs in this forum.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami View Post
i'm a big ffr fan and have known people with the cobra and the gtm. consequently, its ffr builders where i've seen some incredible custom builds. as you have mentioned, their kits are great because they have a well-engineered chassis, and are designed with that "one donor car" idea. and that great chassis allows for great inventiveness, too, if you want to be different.

please elaborate what you are designing for the cobra. it's not a kit that needs a whole lot of redesigning/reinventing. i'm very curious.
I'm developing engine mounts for alternate engines along with transmission mounts. With that I'm working on exhaust alterations and intakes that utilize the scoops. I'm not touching the suspension as it already handles like no other. There are a few other aspects I might touch on but its more of taking information from cobra users I know and developing positive changes.

I'm mainly doing to to stay busy during the summer and develop a healthy resume booster as its all just modeled for now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #22
Avid TSL User

Great sentiment, but as a business venture it's insane. Even large car companies use hundreds of vendors to source their parts, costing hundreds of millions of dollars for development and production, and they have economy of scale in their favor. Be far cheaper to buy solid cars and restore them to show condition, and even that is a losing proposition, dollar-wise. That said, I for one would love to buy a new 99 or C-900!
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
Avid TSL User

Rather than take endless measurements of parts, you could use a 3D scanning tool in order to recreate the parts digitally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-3 Vector

Old 05-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #24
SAABeginner

The companies that I mentioned are doing things that are similar to what you proposed. If you read more about them and how they do business, it might help to give you ideas to "springboard" off of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.