Can i put a BOV of a 2001 Saab 9-3 SE? - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 94-98 and 9-3 99-02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #21
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABOOST View Post
Dual port BPV/BOV I have a few associates running these, with no wtf!
Hmm....

I didnt know they made these...wonder how T7 would react to something like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #22
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABOOST View Post
Dual port BPV/BOV I have a few associates running these, with no wtf!
Basically the same thing as the forge splitter, and i have heard that the car will throw a CEL with them.

Quote:
Now the Car Gods @ DOT are gunna come Smack your PE PEE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #23

I'm pretty sure this has been delt with umpteenth times.
All with the same result.

Its going to throw a CEL.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #24

I figured.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
WSW
Elder

Sweet, I'm doing this ASAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
T7 Turbo Bypass Valve Mods – TrollTuner

Saab-Tuners.com ][ Trionic 7 turbo faster response modification

is this mod the real deal or just bs ????

I don't recommend using a nipple plug/cap on the intake manifold port though. I kept popping them off (no matter how tight of a fit they were), I lost about 4 of them. I ended up using a small piece of silicone vacuum hose with a bolt stuffed in the end and zip tied it tight on both ends. Haven't lost it yet and it's been about 8k miles.

But it's only for T7 cars.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #26

Metered air leak = T7 is going to freak out.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
SAABeginner

2001 93 stock help

I need some help guys. I just recently got this car and is quick. Just not quick enough. Everyone here keeps mentioning a Forge diverter valve. What is this and where doi get it. Can I get a link or two. Also I have been looking at am open air intake and am Last in the sauce. I need help.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer2417 View Post
Also I have been looking at am open air intake and am Last in the sauce. I need help.
wtf? last in the sauce? you do indeed need help

Quote:
Now the Car Gods @ DOT are gunna come Smack your PE PEE
Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #29
SAABeginner

Yeah. I was typing while driving. I need help. With my car. Not my grammar. Any advice or not.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #30

The forge valve will not make the car faster. Even if you are first in the sauce.

Nice to know that you are in the sauce and typing on a forum while driving. I have some suggestions for you...
Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #31
TSLMember

Move the maf to after the turbo and you can run a bov on t7. Its called a blow through set up. Since we have a "hot wire" maf it shouldn't require a retune in theory. And I know there are people who run it this way, one in particular that had no tuning history and ran fine. A buddy and I also built a turboed Honda with this setup and it ran perfectly fine.

Edit: excuse me our maf is cold wire. But same principles apply.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by danieljordanmaddux; 09-30-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Last in the sauce.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black (Twins!)
Also Caring for: '02 9-3 SE, '91 9000T, '97 9000CSE, '98 9000CSE, '99 9-5, '00 9-5
Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #33

A MAF on a T7 car with a blow through setup would not last very long considering how much oil vapor gets introduced from leaking turbo seals and the PCV system.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Yeah. I was typing while driving. I need help. With my car. Not my grammar. Any advice or not.
My advice: Don't type and drive. You'll live longer as well as the people you're going to hit very soon.

Meanwhile, do some reading here in the mods sections about upgrades and maybe at saabcentral.com too. Learn about upgrade options. Come back and ask questions when you've filled your head with information. Note that you have a T7 motor when reading. Upgrade your suspension before your engine.

And stay off the sauce, especially if you're driving.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
You don't need the forge. get any upgrade to the saab/VW bosch valve.
buy a panel K&N and do the 3" intake upgrade. 100x better than the cold air intake, and a shit load cheaper.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #36
SAABeginner

First off. i Wasnt driving. I was riding. Secondly, I wanted links for open air intake systems that would work. Along with some mod that would increase speed. That's it.

I don't need help spelling nor do I need to be treated like an idiot. I came to the forum because you guys are supposedly the "pros". I could have, and perhaps should have, gone to Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSabbert View Post
My advice: Don't type and drive. You'll live longer as well as the people you're going to hit very soon.

Meanwhile, do some reading here in the mods sections about upgrades and maybe at saabcentral.com too. Learn about upgrade options. Come back and ask questions when you've filled your head with information. Note that you have a T7 motor when reading. Upgrade your suspension before your engine.

And stay off the sauce, especially if you're driving.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #37

Quote:
First off. i Wasnt driving.
Quote:
Yeah. I was typing while driving
Reminds me of this:
Dave Chappelle- Rick James-Fuck yo couch nigga! - YouTube
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #38

Quote:
First off. i Wasnt driving. I was riding. Secondly, I wanted links for open air intake systems that would work. Along with some mod that would increase speed. That's it.

I don't need help spelling nor do I need to be treated like an idiot. I came to the forum because you guys are supposedly the "pros". I could have, and perhaps should have, gone to Google.
I'm sorry, baby. If you come back, I swear I'll never hurt you again. I mean it this time.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black (Twins!)
Also Caring for: '02 9-3 SE, '91 9000T, '97 9000CSE, '98 9000CSE, '99 9-5, '00 9-5
Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #39
SAABeginner

Save your money and get a stage 1 tune and a drop in k@n filter. Plenty of tuners to choose from.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #40
gdc
SAAB Road Master

I realize maybe this makes me childish but I like the blow off valve sound, and nothing makes girls think you have a fast car like the sound of a blow off valve , trust me I know Im goin back to college at the well older age and they dig it almost as much as a JDM car with a fart can
although I run a T5 not the T7 which has control issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.