Saab Link Forums banner

shift knob options

9K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  chevyman 
#1 ·
What options are there for upgrading/replacing the shift knob? I would like a nice solid metal one if possible.

#12 ·
I threw a universal on right now. I would love a short shifter though, but how come you need something special for a universal knob? It has the three screws that you tighten with an allen.

will take pics shortly..

#15 · (Edited)
I removed the reverse lockout and re aligned the linkage and it feels fine now. Unless I like put decent pressure towards the right on the knob as I am going into fifth it goes in just fine.

to get into reverse the car must be in nutral now and you kind of 'boink' the knob ( ;) )into reverse, which is nice that its not too easy to get it so I dont do that while I am driving.

as far as threaded, my BMW was not threaded either so I guess it was no surprise because I did not know better. put the same kind of knob on it too..

#19 ·

picked up a super cheap e brake handle to match it..should be in the mail

could have figured out a way for the boot to go up high but I like it this way..reminds me of a Ferrari ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.