Cut front lowering springs? :-/ - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9000

Performance Modifications for the 9000 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Saab 9000. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Garage
Are they both coming from speedparts or just the springs? Btw how did you manage to order from there it's all swedish. Did you call or something?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanatic17 View Post
Are they both coming from speedparts or just the springs? Btw how did you manage to order from there it's all swedish. Did you call or something?
Konis ordered from shox.com on the 20% promotional deal. I guess everyone ordered so stock in the US was depleted to the point that they had to place another order directly to Koni in Holland. Springs are from Speedparts. They speak English so I emailed them

Cheers!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #23

I hear a lot of talk about konis. I've always known bilsteins to be top notch anyone want to settle the differences ?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroJ View Post
Konis ordered from shox.com on the 20% promotional deal. I guess everyone ordered so stock in the US was depleted to the point that they had to place another order directly to Koni in Holland. Springs are from Speedparts. They speak English so I emailed them

Cheers!
Sweet just checked and the sale is still going on, the love/hate relation with my credit cards continues
Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
JK
Elder

I've cut up to 3/4 of a coil off stock Aero springs (both manual and auto) as well as a set of Jamex lowering springs. Never felt any difference in ride quality. At all. Naturally there is a change in the effective spring rate, but at 3/4 of a coil, I couldn't perceive the difference.

I'd be very hesitant to cut much more than that.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #26
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
I've cut up to 3/4 of a coil off stock Aero springs (both manual and auto) as well as a set of Jamex lowering springs. Never felt any difference in ride quality. At all. Naturally there is a change in the effective spring rate, but at 3/4 of a coil, I couldn't perceive the difference.

I'd be very hesitant to cut much more than that.
How would you compare James to intrax? I've only ever heard the word thrown around no pictures or anything to reference

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.