Saab Link Forums banner

Computer chips

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Boosted92.9k 
#1 ·
I've got a 1997 9k cse automatic and was wondering if anybody has tried the aftermarket chips that are out there. I'm looking for some inexpensive HP.

I've read that you can buy a remapped computer and it makes a world of difference but I plan on swapping the trans for a manual in the future and don't want to have to reinvest in a new computer again. Any other cheap HP ideas are very welcome as well! :D

#3 ·
how can you beat 75-200$ for a tune from one of the guys on this forum...

i personally would contact JZWtuning.com he is the 200$ guy but will set you up just the way you want it..

if you cant afford that contact MikeD, or several other guys all will provide you with A+ service and tuning

#7 ·
I had thought the tuning was $400-600! That's great to hear. How long does it usually take to tune it? Do I just have to take it out and send it to him?
Any favorites on exhaust? I haven't even looked at the options for a Saab yet.
Thx guys!

#14 ·
if you cant get a hold of him for some reason try hitting up swedish dynamics out of CT...i see you live in maine and they will probably arrive withing two days of the order...for $300 you'll get the EPROM chip and the APC chip..you will need both..comes with decent instructions so you can diy easily.

#17 ·
The issue is you can have those chips, more or less plug and play, and i believe ive seen a few people make 250whp with them.....

but for the same money you can buy an unassembled megasquirt kit with alot of options and when you wire it up your no longer limited by your engine management... i think MS2 looks really nice:)

#18 ·
ya i remember us dicussing this before lol and Megasquirt would be great but im an idiot when it comes to wiring... i feel i would get it and then try to hook it up and end up with a non running car haha... that why i was trying to just see if someone made custom chips it seems Jak Stoll could maybe do that.. idk what ill do just trying to see what my options are

#19 ·
when talking LH2.4 tuning it usually comes down to the inability to turn the injector pulse down low enough to run bigger injectors that are needed for more hp....

if you can graduate UNOH, you can prolly figure out how to wire up megasquirt...

and you could wire it up with a second engine harness so you wouldnt need to disable your car to check and see if your megasquirt install works... you do have a friend at a saab dealership who might come across a harness that might be useful

#20 ·
haha true true... yah i actually will have electrical 2 class next and shortly after fuels class and thats alot of tuning and dyno work so im sure i could do it, i just doubt myself sometimes... but yah if you do happened to come acrossed another harness in your spare collection over there let me know :) Ill be coming home in about a week for a short break so ill have to stop by and let you see my progress so far...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.