Saab Link Forums banner

forged pistons or not???

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Green9kAERO 
#1 ·
ok so im getting ready to park my car for the winter...and while its in the barn i plan on pulling the engine and doing a complete overhual...

when it comes out next spring i plan to have installed a holset hx35 or maby even the super 40, also have some up rated cams, water/meth, stiffer valve springs ect...im looking to be in the 450+ whp range...

im wondering if i should absolutly put forged pistons in or if stock pistons with new rings should be just fine?

Also, thinking about getting the crank balanced as i think i want a 7500ish rev limit, is this ness.? need some ideas as i want high power but some what decent engine life

Any ideas would help thanks

#2 ·
Judging by what Ive seen, you'll be fine with stock pistons and rods. They're quite overbuilt. I cant speak for a 7500rpm rev limit, but the B234 is a pretty solid foundation. The internals are great, id maybe just do a copper head gasket. No need to port and polish anything really. AeroDynamic had her car up to 600whp with no problems on stock internals. 450 should be fine. Id change the rings, thats about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.