One of my other projects...85 Rx-7 - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #41
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Added, thanks - parts include complete 85 12A, 5spd trans, open rear end, drum to drum, racing beat prepped holley, racing beat 4port intake manifold, racing beat header, racing beat muffler, aluminum rad. Would let it all go for $1500 obo, or would part. 12a with accessories/trans/driveshaft/rear end by themselves (no RB goodies) I will let go for cheap, say $500/bo. Would throw in stock emissions/nikki carb.

Keeping the analog stuff. Granny's speed shop does a lot of RX conversion work - I'll be using their mounts, adapters, driveshaft, and rear end. The chassis wiring is pretty simple, and the LS engine wiring is fairly straightforward and self contained as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 05:22 AM   #42

Updates - Block is stripped and off to Precision for cleaning/inspection etc. Cylinders looked great, mains looked like they had 30k on them, not 230k. Questioning whether to replace the pistons or not (would prefer not), but will let the machine shop tell me one way or the other. Ported TSP LS3 oil pump sourced and ready to go on as well.

Picked up a T56 6-speed in the meantime, reducing my remaining big purchases to a rear end, the swap kit from Grannys, and the misc rebuild parts (gaskets, lifters, etc). Working with TSP and Tick on a cam choice, likely will be around 224-228, .588-.600; shooting for close to 400whp. Will update with pictures when I have something interesting to post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #43
Elder

awesome awesome awesome

I do miss my sbc-t56 swapped 280z

Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #44

Update:

Engine pretty much together (intake mani just resting for the pic, will be cleaned etc). Went with a custom grind comp cam, 229/232 .615/.576 +113, new OE pistons, heads are milled .21 w/upgraded comp trunions & PRC dual springs. Should yield 10.5:1 or so compression. New LS3 timing setup, new reluctor wheel, all new mains/journals/etc. Basically a brand new motor. Ended up w/an LS7 flywheel/clutch kit, should be good to 450-500 ft/lbs with a solid pedal feel. Also converting to 4-piston turbo II front brakes, seemed like a good idea.

Swap kit should arrive in the next 5-10 days, hopefully I can get rolling on the install shortly thereafter.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #45
SAABeginner

Wankel motor sure came a long way,it almost looks like a sbc.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:47 PM   #46
SAAB Road Master

Go man Go !!
(disclaimer: I know little about RX-7s and zero about this kind of swap...but my interest sure is piqued now!)

And how awesome is it working/playing in your new garage?
'93 900T Comm.Ed#119
'83 900T 5M 4dr
'87 900S 5M Notch
'88 900S 5M 4dr
'91 & '93 900S 5M 3dr
Parted/scrapped: '82 4dr, '85 3dr,
'86 2dr, '86 3dr, '87 4dr, '90 T3dr.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #47

New garage is great, but not really 'set up' the way I'd like yet. Sort of just made everything fit before the snow flew, this spring everythings coming back out and going back together in an organized fashion. Built the engine at a buddy's shop up the road.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:23 AM   #48

Back from the dead, got the motor & trans in last night. Plenty of room...ish.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #49
Elder

This is exciting to see.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #50
Avid TSL User

Hell yeah. Keep it coming. I've always had a soft spot for the 7s, but I know they can be temperamental little things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.