Foreign Car Alert - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Foreign Car Alert

I couldn't not pick this up for the price and condition. 05 Legacy GT 5MT, 2.5l turbo, 100% stock except for Android Auto dash unit, 118K. I'm the second owner, the first was my grandfather.

The Saab's sleep soundly in the garage this winter.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

That thing looks great! Apart from the cheap-ish interior, the Legacy's are pretty sweet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

I have always liked that car. Nice snag!

Old 11-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #4

Thanks! My brother and I always made sure to put a coat of wax on it twice a year since new, so the paint is well preserved.

The tint goes on this weekend, I think the badges may come off the back as well. Other than that I'm leaving it as is so I have a reliable car to drive to work. Hopefully that means some faster-than-stock Saabs in my future.

As for the interior, for an 11 year old Subaru it's held up well. This is the top-spec model so it has perforated leather seats and everything is all black except the headliner. Also has a momo wheel and shift knob.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:45 AM   #5

Got it tinted and debadged it this weekend:

I found a new way of debadging online and I'm really happy with how it worked out:
1. Heat the badge with a hair dryer for a few mins until you can flex the badge on the 2 sided tape.
2. Run fishing line behind the badge, pop it off
3. Soak the adhesive left on the car with naphtha, I soaked a rag and then held the rag to the paint for maybe 10-15 seconds
4. Rolled the adhesive off with just my fingers, no plastic razorblades (or worse) required
5. Once the residue is mostly gone, wipe with clean section of the rag with naphtha on it
6. Hit with spray detail and clay bar combo
7. Compound
8. Polish

I can only see the "ghost" of the badge from certain angles and from within a few feet, and I didn't put any scratches in the deck lid getting the badges off, that's a success in my book.

Last edited by 9Kwrecker; 11-14-2016 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:34 AM   #6
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Looks great dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #7

Not that many of you care about this since it's not a Saab, but a little update on my reliable car.

Finally got it all together to replace the ASA summer wheels it came with. They were a bit bent and not at all my thing. Got these off of a '13 WRX and wrapped them in some fresh tires. An inch wider than stock, and nearly the same offset, I think they're a nice "OEM+" type upgrade.

Before:

After:

Last edited by 9Kwrecker; 04-19-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #8
Drew In Houston
Elder

Yeah those are way better. Your grandfather picked out those ASA's? It's impressive that he had 'summer' wheels for it. Who cares if it's not a Saab. Eventually they'll all not-be-Saabs I guess
Old 04-20-2017, 04:51 AM   #9

Yeah, he picked those out. I kinda felt bad about how much he liked them vs how much I don't. If it weren't for the fake bolt heads around the rim I might've kept 'em, but I just couldn't stand those. Even on the two piece BBS RKs where the bolts are real, I don't like the look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.