New Acquisition - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Vintage Forum > General 99 and 90 Posts and Information

General 99 and 90 Posts and Information Please post general and technical information pertaining to the Saab 99 and 90.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
New Acquisition

Sup guys and gals, yeah it's been awhile. Still lurking, although it seems to have quieted down here lately.

Anyway, just wanted to share my craigslist score from this weekend. Had to embark on a last-minute roadtrip to SoCal to get her, but I got incredibly lucky and she's everything I could have imagined for my next project.

Pics courtesy of Zach Mowers (@docsassafras):

And resting for a bit with a fraction of Swedefleet's collection (Photo by Zach Mowers):

We have named her Chiquita (yes, like the bananas). Feel free to follow @mw_media, #Chiquita and #Swedefleet on Instagram for updates.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
Elder

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Looks like a '73? B20 2.0L engine a D-Jet! It's just like mine, same color and everything! How long was it sitting? The paint looks great - mine is a little faded from being parked outside in the desert for ~10 years, but it's really thick single stage paint and buffs up really nicely.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Wow very nice find. Looks like a fun project!!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:39 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Very nice!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

A 99 from California...Awesome! Are you really going to turn it into a racecar?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
WOOOOHOOOO!!! Looks like a '73? B20 2.0L engine a D-Jet! It's just like mine, same color and everything! How long was it sitting? The paint looks great - mine is a little faded from being parked outside in the desert for ~10 years, but it's really thick single stage paint and buffs up really nicely.
Yessir! '73 EMS. I pored through the entirety of your Saab Rally thread last night actually, I'm incredibly impressed with your build. I have very similar plans for this one. I won't be going quite so crazy with the cage because it won't be seeing strictly track duty, I want to keep it street-friendly also.

It was last registered in '96, but I was assured by the owner (yes, it's had one single owner since new...it came with the original title and everything) that it has been started and driven around the block at least once a year until 3 years ago). And I was absolutely thrilled to find the original louvers and front valance completely intact!

And yes, she will be seeing autocross and drag time when done.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Super cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #8
Site Moderator

Love it, congrats!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
Elder

Thanks, and that is awesome! My brother has a white '73 LE that has a really close serial number to mine, so they may have come over to the US on the same transport ship. Pretty amazing.

My yellow car I think was originally from Arizona and was parked stranded in Palm Springs in about 1995 due to a blown transmission and sat there until I rescued it in about 2006. My brother's white one I think was in Washington before coming to CA in the mid-90's., and was parked for about 10 years until we got it in about 2011.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
Thanks, and that is awesome! My brother has a white '73 LE that has a really close serial number to mine, so they may have come over to the US on the same transport ship. Pretty amazing.

My yellow car I think was originally from Arizona and was parked stranded in Palm Springs in about 1995 due to a blown transmission and sat there until I rescued it in about 2006. My brother's white one I think was in Washington before coming to CA in the mid-90's., and was parked for about 10 years until we got it in about 2011.
So awesome! Now I'm curious how close our serials are...Mine was also last reg'd in '95.

Here's the original ad for mine:

Last edited by Svenska94Aero; 01-11-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I've never been super interested in the 99's but yours really gets me going! Perhaps I never really paid attention but definitely appreciate the condition yours is in! 1200 seems like a good deal, tell me you paid less and I'll really be jealous!
Old 01-14-2016, 04:19 PM   #12
TSLMember

If you want to raise funds for your project, I'd be willing to buy the grille and grille badge from you.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:44 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
I've never been super interested in the 99's but yours really gets me going! Perhaps I never really paid attention but definitely appreciate the condition yours is in! 1200 seems like a good deal, tell me you paid less and I'll really be jealous!
I paid the full asking price. Apparently as we were halfway through Utah the seller got a call from a guy offering him $500 more and he turned it down because I was already on my way. Figured the least I could do was not try to talk him down. And considering every other 99 in comparable condition is about double that, I'm rather happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsaab View Post
If you want to raise funds for your project, I'd be willing to buy the grille and grille badge from you.
I will be holding on to those for now, I'll keep you in mind if I change routes though!
Old 01-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #14
TSLMember

What ever you decide. What I'd really be interested in seeing is how the chrome strips top and bottom of the grille attach on the back side.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #15
Elder

Spent the weekend stripping the donor car of usable parts. So long to the Redheaded Slut.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.