9k aero production numbers - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > General 9000 Posts and Information

General 9000 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Saab 9000.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

9k aero production numbers

quick rundown on the 9k aero (last saab-saab?)... Saab 9000 Aero | Hemmings Motor News
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 AM   #2

Please. Enough with the "last true Saab" bullshit, especially when talking about a car co-developed with Fiat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1368446296.728841.jpg

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black (Twins!)
Also Caring for: '02 9-3 SE, '91 9000T, '97 9000CSE, '98 9000CSE, '99 9-5, '00 9-5

Old 05-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #4
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Please. Enough with the "last true Saab" bullshit, especially when talking about a car co-developed with Fiat.
I'm getting tired of explaining how much better 9-5 Aeros are...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #5

...And I say this as a guy who has owned three 9Ks in the past..

(That Ron Burgundy image is epic, btw...)
Old 04-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #6
SAABeginner

I'm so happy I don't care about this forum so I can resurrect this post from the dead.

The 9000 is the last real Saab like the 993 is the last real Porsche. Yeah, it's still a Porsche after the 996 introduction, but it's really not. Saab called all the shots on the 9000 after they had a basic monocoque. It was a world-beater when it was introduced, C&D Top 10, endurance records, fastest sedan, one of the first 16v turbo cars on the market, Trionic introduction, B234 built like a nuclear bunker, etc. Can you say any of that stuff about the 9-5? Nope. The 9000 is the last great car from a company that built great cars.

You can be as sick of the truth as you want to be, but it's still the truth.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #7
Drew In Houston
Elder

Your opinion sucks but not a bad first post really, although, in the nearly 4 years between the last comment on 5/13/2013 and your post today 4/18/2017 you really should have been able to develop something a little better than that.

Wait, actually, this forum is very happy to not care about you and your sucky opinion too, so I guess things are even lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9000lastrealsaablol View Post
I'm so happy I don't care about this forum so I can resurrect this post from the dead.

The 9000 is the last real Saab like the 993 is the last real Porsche. Yeah, it's still a Porsche after the 996 introduction, but it's really not. Saab called all the shots on the 9000 after they had a basic monocoque. It was a world-beater when it was introduced, C&D Top 10, endurance records, fastest sedan, one of the first 16v turbo cars on the market, Trionic introduction, B234 built like a nuclear bunker, etc. Can you say any of that stuff about the 9-5? Nope. The 9000 is the last great car from a company that built great cars.

You can be as sick of the truth as you want to be, but it's still the truth.

Last edited by Trionic3000; 04-18-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #8
Elder

I mean.. I kind of agree with OP on this.. But I can also see both sides.

Either way, tactful delivery was a solid 2/10.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1986 Saab 900 Turbo & 1992 Saab 9000 Turbo
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 AM   #9
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner4life View Post
I mean.. I kind of agree with OP on this.. But I can also see both sides.

Either way, tactful delivery was a solid 2/10.
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:37 AM   #10
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I believe Saab lost money on every 9000 that went out the door (due to the cost of all the changes made to the provided platform)

Love my 97 Aero though.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #11
Drew In Houston
Elder

Saab really did do some things right, like develop 4cyl turbo technology that was pretty far ahead of it's time and comparatively Chrysler (and I guess Mitsubishi) was trying some of the same things w/2.0-2.5L's and didn't do nearly as good. I think the fact that the current GM global 4cyl platform came from the roots of the B2x4's is testament to that

It seems like everyone is offering some sort of lower displacement 250-ish+ hp turbo 4 now. You can even get one in a Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.